_

Παρασκευή 22 Νοεμβρίου 2013

Making an Experimental Pan Bread



While making bread is not a priority for our home, I do experiment with bread making occasionally.
The art of making a well-risen bead that is soft with thin crust still escape me. So this time we were determined to tackle this hurdle and also cut-down baking time.
It is about conserving the time and energy (see resources) which is a good preparedness practice every time.


 The Recipe and its Timeline

Time line indeed.
In the family recipe book there is a recipe for a “spongy” pizza dough. Other than flour and water it uses baking powder, oil and Greek yogurt. Which is not much different from the Bread Biscuit recipe you have in the US.
I really wanted to cut down on the oil cos there is a whole cup of in a family sized pizza.
So one day I cut the oil used in half, and added crushed feta cheese and ham in the dough making what we call CheeseBread over here.

For this bread I also excluded the yogurt and what I was left with was:


1 kg of All-Purpose Flour
Half a cup of Oil
7 grams of Dry Yeast (some people use twice as much in their bread)
A heaping table spoon of Baking Powder
Some salt
Water


which is not far from a rusk recipe.

I cheated a bit and used a mixer to knead the dough. No hand work this time, I wanted to make it happen. And have the dough rise to satisfaction.
And I have never seen such streaks before!


After the dough was transferred to the baking pan (sized big enough to have a finger high dough) I baked for 30 minutes on 180 deg celcious while sprinkling the rising bread with water from time to time.
The result is pleasing.


 It’s gonna be better next time!

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου